Wednesday, May 7, 2008

About time...

Welcome to the Caught Looking Photography photoblog, and I’m Alan, your host (I spent too long in radio not to say that). You may be asking yourself, “Self, why did he call it Caught Looking Photography?” I’ll explain. I have, at different times in my life, umpired youth league and high school baseball. When a hitter goes down on a pitch he didn’t swing at, we say he was “caught looking.” I can also say you’ve been “caught looking” at my pictures.

Most of the photos here, at least for now, came from a recent trip to Costa Rica. An absolutely beautiful country with an incredible variety of plant and animal life, it’s not to be missed. I would go back in a heartbeat. You simply must see it for yourself.

Anyway, most of the photos from Costa Rica will fall into one of two groups. The first group is from my travels around the capital of San Jose on foot. The day before I left, the Costa Rica edition of the international Cow Parade opened. A lot of the cows were placed early and are depicted here. Some are a little odd, but they all reflect the art/culture of Costa Rica in one way or another.

The second group is from my tour of some of the stunning beauty outside San Jose. The tour included the Poas volcano crater, La Paz and San Fernando waterfalls, a boat ride on the Sarapiqui River and a canopy tour through the rainforest. I didn’t get pictures of all of the animals I wanted, either because they moved or the boat did, but I’m sure you’ll agree that Costa Rican wildlife is a wonder to behold.

You’ll notice that the photos have a watermark with my copyright info. I wish it wasn’t necessary, but in this day and age, you do what you have to in order to protect your work when you post it online. I’m working on a way to sell prints online (sans watermark), but until then, we’ll have to deal with it (putting the watermark on is almost as much of a pain as looking at it).

I'll get the first photos up in the next day or two, but until then I'll keep working on editing them while I've got time. If you have any questions, leave a comment on this post and I'll reply. Pretty soon I'll have a new domain name so I can have you email me directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment